If you would like to improve your sleep, you can have come to the right place. Whether you are having difficulty falling asleep, trouble staying asleep, or often awake feeling unrefreshed by your sleep, my services can help.
Working with you in a safe, supportive environment, I will:
- Assess the severity of your insomnia, including your sleep efficiency and dysfunctional sleep beliefs and practices, as well as the presence of any psychosocial, environmental, family or cultural contributors to poor sleep
- Help you understand the behavioral underpinnings of insomnia, the relationship between sleep and mental health, and the hygiene habits that most directly influence sleep onset and quality
- Teach you how to use Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Insomnia (CBT-I) techniques, including stimulus control and sleep scheduling interventions, to improve the length, efficiency and comfort of your nighttime sleep
- Give you strategies to help you get control over your sleep-related worry
- Teach you a variety of relaxation techniques to aid in anxiety reduction and sleep onset
- Refer you to a sleep medicine professional for sleep disorder assessment and treatment if appropriate
I offer the above interventions both as a part of my regular work with psychotherapy clients, and as a stand-alone treatment protocol for clients referred by other mental health practitioners and medical professionals.
My office is centrally located in Omaha on the 61st block of Maple Street. I offer day and evening appointments. I am a participating provider with multiple managed care networks, and my office accepts all forms of payment, including credit cards.
Call or email me today to take the first step on your journey to better sleep.